[uf-new] re: Microformats support for aggregate reviews

Toby A Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Tue Jan 13 03:17:29 PST 2009

Kavi Goel wrote:

> I'm interested in finding a way for microformats to support marking up
> aggregate reviews. Currently, hReview is focused on individual
> reviews, but there are many sites that aggregate reviews. I would love
> to hear your feedback.

I don't understand what is needed that is not already present in
hReview.

If you wish to publish a list of reviews plus an average rating at
the top, then use hReview for each individual review, and an hReview
at the top containing the average rating. For the average rating, set
the hReview "reviewer" property to an hCard for the aggregation
organisation. To avoid repeating the item info in each review, just
put it in the aggregate review and use the include pattern in the
individual reviews. The aggregate review can be explicitly marked as
an aggregate by rel-tagging it so. The aggregate review "description"
property could be along the lines of "This rating is an average of 38
people's reviews".

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail at tobyinkster.co.uk>