[uf-new] Microformats support for pagination

André Luís andr3.pt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 05:02:31 PST 2009

Hi Brian,

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Brian Suda <brian.suda at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/14/09, Jamie Rumbelow <jamie at jamierumbelow.net> wrote:
>> See, comments like that lead me on to think that we need some form of
>>  pagination system for microformats - pagination is much more popular among
>>  sites these days and a rel="paginate" might come in handy.
>
> --- There are several features built right into HTML itself to handle
> this. There is rel="prev" and rel="next" if you have pagination links
> with those values a good parser should know to continue along those
> paths for more information.

Do you have any suggestions on how to deal with repetitions? I've
tried parsing several pages of several websites and some of them used
rel-tags on tagclouds... these would be present on every page (sidebar
of blog) thus rendering the data kinda useless.

Should/can we create guidelines for producers AND parsers alike on how
to deal with this? Like adding site-wide unique id's to the root
elements? Or is this out of the scope of microformats altogether?

Cheers,
--
André Luís