activity verb brainstorming
Part of the activity-streams effort. Per the microformats process this page is here to document brainstorming for common/generic activity verbs.
- post. posting covers today's default/implied verb in most feeds, and always has a direct object with a permalink. Specific examples:
- posting a comment
- posting a review
- submitting an article to digg (typically includes a brief summary by the submitter, a primary category)
- collect. AKA bookmark. a lightweight way of adding something to a collection that does not imply endorsement or curation of the item in anyway.
- favorite. favoriting is similar to collecting, but strongly implies that the subject likes the object, perhaps recommends it, and may even be curating it as part of a collection of things they like. The semantic is distinct (and common) enough to merit its own verb.
- vote. similar to vote-links, sites often allow you to vote-up or down an item.
- relationshipped. unilateral relationship change. when one person makes a unilateral (typically assymetric) change to their relationship with another person.
- Twitter follow (or unfollow, see Qwitter.com)
- XFN relationship value change (see xfn-implementations, in particular the Six Apart relationship update stream).
- (term needed) bilateral relationship change. when two people agree on a change to their relationship. Can this not just be two unilateral relationship changes? Why not?
- Last.fm "became friends"
- updated. updated personal info
- someone mentioned it at the meetup, perhaps the concrete example was Facebook profile photo update?
- update location (i.e. hCard geo property) via Brightkite, Dodgeball, FireEagle AKA "check in"
- experience. experienced/read/listened/viewed
- scrobbled a track on Last.fm
- read an item in a news reader (see also attention for similar/previous work)
- (term needed) add to wish list
- FriendFeed - shows when adding Amazon wishlist items
- (term needed) buying
- Facebook / Beacon news feed feature shows when you buy something
- (terms needed) RSVPS to events on Evite, Upcoming, Pownce, Facebook. Separate terms are likely needed for each of these distinct event related actions.