activity verb examples
Part of the activity streams effort. Per the microformats The microformats process this page is here to document existing real world web publishing examples of activity verbs (typically as part of activity streams).
In alphabetical order by site/service name:
- Flickr recent activity on your account
- "newest contact" (of Flickr USER)
- "marked you as a contact too" (by Flickr USER)
- "comment since yours"
- "added this as favorite" (one of your photos)
- "said" (a comment on one of your photos)
- "added a tag" (tagname) (on one of your photos)
- "added a note" (on one of your photos)
- sent a Flickr mail (by Flickr USER)
Oddly/interestingly enough, the posting a photo itself does not show up in Flickr's activity streams.
- "posted" (message on Twitter, entry on Tumblr, photo on brightkite.com, message on brightkite.com, message on Jaiku, entry on BLOGNAME, link)
- "published" (photos on Flickr, videos on Vimeo)
- "dugg" (story on Digg)
- "checked in" (on brightkite.com)
- "bookmarked" (page on delicious)
- "loved" (song on Last.fm)
- "added" (event on Upcoming)
For more examples, see also:
analysis of examples
Analyzing the above (and other) examples, one can deduce the following common verbs:
- FriendFeed - many specific types
- Flickr - a comment
More examples and analysis are necessary to expand this set. Some of this can be found by:
See also the analysis of common activity stream verbs on the other DiSo wiki.