Microformats in REST Web Services
This the page for discussion, research, and standards regarding how to optimally use Microformats as the encoding for Representational State Transfer (REST) web services. REST is a software architectural style for distributed hypermedia systems like the world wide web. The goal is for all REST-related information in the microformats world to live under this URL.
- uf-rest discussion list on microformats.org
- rest-discuss @ Yahoo Groups
- REST on Rails @ Rails CampfireNow
- REST search engine
- Patterns for a RESTful SOA great overview of concepts and techniques
- Properly Interpreting the "Axiom of URI Opacity"
- How should URLs be structured for maximum clarity & discoverability?
- How to emulate WebDAV-style properties (metadata) over standard HTTP
- Asynchronous HTML vs. AJAX
- How to encode type information in HTML
- What, if anything, is the analogue of WSDL for REST services?
- Upgrading browsers to support PUT and DELETE properly
- Ways to make Ruby on Rails more REST-friendly out of the box.
- RESTful-JSON, a generic data container alternative to AtomPub.
Note that these are all preliminary.
- REST-Enabled XHTML] by Dr. Ernie
- original at rest/rex-proposal
- WebUtopia by Toydi
- more details in rest-discuss thread: "Dreams about ReSTifying web apps"
- XOXO parser (python)
- also xoxo-plist.py, a pyobjc variant support Mac OS X plists]
- ahah.js Asynchronous HTML over HTTP
- Ruby RESTifarian plugin
$ script/plugin install restifarian # need beta gems/edge rails for this to work
- Larry Staton Jr. AHAH-enabled homepage (a first!)
- Dr. Ernie Prabhakar
- Teo HuiMing (toydi)
- Dimitri Glazkov
- Max Voelkel (xamde)
- David Heinemeier Hansson