[uf-discuss] Microformats on Wikipedia (was: Largest Deployment of Microformats on one site?)

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Sat Jan 19 15:39:16 PST 2008

In message <479275D3.107 at klml.de>, Klaus Mueller <m at klml.de> writes

>> Wikipedia may not have that many, but it does have a vast number, see:
>>
>>     <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Microformats>
>>

>great idea, Wikipedia has so many structured data

To an extent, although some is unstructured, and there are tensions
between adding granularity and facilitating ease of editing for novices.

There are also some aspects of MediaWiki (such as the inability to add
CLASSes or RELs to links) which make adding microformats difficult, as
we've found ion the microformats wiki itself.

There's more about this at:

        <http://microformats.org/wiki/mediawiki-mark-up-issues>

along with some patches to fix them (not yet, so far as I know,
implemented on the microformats wiki).

--
Andy Mabbett