Microformats in REST Web Services
This the home page for discussion, research, and standards regarding how to optimally use Microformats as the encoding for REST web services. The goal is for all REST-related information in the microformats world to live under this URL.
- Properly Interpreting the "Axiom of URI Opacity"
- How should URLs be structured for maximum clarity & discoverability?
- Asychronous HTML vs. AJAX
- How to encode type information in HTML
- What, if anything, is the analogue of WSDL for REST services?
- Upgrading browsers to support PUT and DELETE properly
- CGI is slow, and FastCGI is designed for C parsers. Is there a third option?
- Ways to make Ruby on Rails more REST-friendly out of the box.
Note that these are all preliminary.
- REST-Enabled XHTML] by Dr. Ernie
- original at rest/rex-proposal
- WebUtopia by Toydi
- more details in rest-discuss thread: "Dreams about ReSTifying web apps"
- XOXO parser (python)
- also xoxo-plist.py, a pyobjc variant support Mac OS X plists]
- ahah.js Asynchronous HTML over HTTP
- Ruby RESTifarian plugin
$ script/plugin install restifarian # need beta gems/edge rails for this to work
- Larry Staton Jr. AHAH-enabled homepage (a first!)