Previously proposed and rejected Microformats
Below is a listing of microformats that have been suggested and have never made it to a draft version (please add to this list). With each are related discussions and links so that you can find out why they were rejected etc.
The purpose of this page is to help reduce the number of proposals and rejections of the same or similar concept too reguarly. Also, it may serve as a log of which concepts are reguarly proposed and therefore it may be worthwhile to re-evaluate their usefulness.
- rel="logo" proposed 2011-11-24 to "Specify an SVG logo."
- No need for a new rel value for a specific MIME/content-type. That's what the 'type' attribute is for.
- Pre-existing solutions: use
rel="icon" type="image/svg+xml". If the intent was to actually convey the semantic of a "logo" differently/distinctly from an "icon", then use hCard, in particular, the "logo" property. In practice the two semantics are often conflated.
- rel="pavatar" suggested Dec 28 2006
- Pre-existing solution: use hCard, in particular, "photo" and/or "logo" properties.
(The drink, not the software)