Per the microformats The microformats process: research and analysis of real-world Best Practices for Examples Pages, existing formats, and brainstorming to motivate the microformat. Please check rejected-formats before making additions.
The following exploratory discussions are being actively pursued (generally, edited in the last month, or with an active community member (named in parentheses) having expressed an interest in pursuing them)
Media related efforts are very active in the microformats community and thus have been grouped here for convenience
- audio-info (examples, formats, brainstorming, proposal, issues, specification) - Marking up information and metadata related to audio (speech, music, and sound in general). ( Manu Sporny)
- music music examples
- audio-album (see audio-info pages for examples, formats, brainstorming. audio-album-proposal, audio-album-issues) - Marking up information and metadata related to audio albums/collections. ( Manu Sporny)
- broadcast: Internet Radio & TV: broadcast-examples, broadcast-brainstorming (Chris Newell)
- Media Info (media-info examples, media-info formats, media-info brainstorming)
- photo note photo note examples
- show show-examples, show-formats, show brainstorming (see also Media Info)
- showroll showroll-examples, showroll-formats, showroll-brainstorming
- video-info (examples, formats, brainstorming, proposal, issues) - Marking up information and metadata related to video (video clips, movies, television, and video multimedia presentation in general). ( Manu Sporny)
- alternates alternates brainstorming, alternates examples (Jeff McNeill)
- currency; Currency Examples; Currency formats prior art; currency brainstorming; currency-proposal; currency-issues (Andy Mabbett)
- group group examples, group formats, group brainstorming
- items items examples, item-formats, items brainstorming
- measures and measurement units Measure microformat research, measure-examples, measure-formats Andy Mabbett
- receipt (examples, formats, brainstorming, proposal) - Marking up information and metadata related to purchase receipts. (Leif Arne Storset)
- recipe recipe examples, recipe-formats, recipe-brainstorming ( Frances Berriman)
- species - for the marking up of the scientific names of living things: species-examples, species-formats, species-brainstorming (Andy Mabbett)
- syllabus syllabus-examples, syllabus-formats, syllabus-brainstorming
- uid - see also representative hCard
- bank account bankaccount-brainstorming, bankaccount-examples
The following active exploratory discussions are primarily pursued by a single individual and thus have not generated widespread interest in the community yet.
- geo extensions (Andy Mabbett)
- geo-elevation-examples, geo-elevation-formats - extend geo for representing altitude
- geo-extension-waypoints, geo-waypoint-formats - extend geo for representing routes and boundaries, using waypoints
- geo-extension-examples, geo-extension-formats, geo-extension-brainstorming, geo-extension-nonWGS84 - extend geo for moons, other planets, etc.
- learning (examples, formats, brainstorming, proposal, issues) - a microformat for microlearning (Kirk McMurray)
- XMDP brainstorming (see also xmdp-faq)
The following exploratory discussions are less actively pursued, but may still be developed.
- citation citation effort, citation examples, citation formats, citation brainstorming, and citation FAQ (Andy Mabbett)
- figures figure examples, figure-formats, figure brainstorming
- genealogy Genealogy Examples, genealogy formats (Bob Jonkman)
- listing / hListing hListing proposal, and hListing feedback
- MFO examples
- task task effort, task examples, task formats, task brainstorming, and task FAQ
The following exploratory discussions are believed moribund, or superseded; or are simply not being maintained due to the absence of the interested party or shortage of volunteer effort. Work may well resume in the future. Please feel free to move them to one of the above sections if you are interested in developing them, and append your name in parentheses, or move them to "Abandoned" or "Archived", if that is more appropriate.
- blog description blog description examples
- blog info blog info examples
- book book examples, book formats, and book brainstorming
- chat chat examples, chat formats, and chat brainstorming
- code code examples, code-formats, code brainstorming
- comment comment problem, comment examples, and comment formats (Some stuff needs to be extracted from comments-formats)
- collection description - for describing collections in libraries
- course-catalog-examples; course-catalog-examples
- depend-examples: examples of dependency graphs, especially as they relate to software
- digital-signatures: incorporation of digital signatures in Microformatted data; (digital-signature examples, digitalsignature-formats, digital-signatures brainstorming)
- directions directions examples
- distributed conversation distributed conversation overview, distributed conversation examples, distributed conversation formats, distributed conversation brainstorming
- Downloads downloads examples, downloads formats, downloads brainstorming
- error-message error message examples, error-message-formats, error message brainstorming
- file-format (examples, formats, brainstorming) - for the mark-up of file format information (size, type, codecs, bitrate, etc.) - should this be merged with Downloads ?
- forms forms examples
- grouping (examples, formats, brainstorming, proposal) - Metadata markup of items that should be grouped together.
- hash hash examples (see also Downloads)
- job listing job listing examples, job-listing-formats, job listing brainstorming
- last modified last modified examples, last modified formats, and last modified brainstorming
- meeting minutes meeting minutes examples, meeting minutes formats, and meeting minutes brainstorming
- metalink metalink examples
- news news examples
- opening-hours: opening-hours-examples ..of stores, restaurants, etc.
- page-summary page-summary-examples, page-summary-formats
- product - Product Examples, product-formats, product-brainstorming.
- question-answer-brainstorming, question-answer-examples, question-answer-formats, question-answer-brainstorming
- realestate-propertydetail, realestate-propertydetail-examples, realestate-propertydetail-formats, realestate-propertydetail brainstorming
- requirements testing requirements testing overview, and requirements testing examples
- REST examples (see also rest)
- search results search results example
- table examples
- tagspeak tagspeak examples
- tagcloud tagcloud examples, tagcloud-formats, and tagcloud brainstorming.
- transit table transit table examples
- widget, widget examples, widget-formats, widget brainstorming
- wiki formats
- work of art work of art overview, work of art examples, work of art formats, and work of art brainstorming
The following exploratory discussions are confirmed as abandoned:
The following exploratory discussions resulted in a microformat, or have been superseded by later developments, but are kept here for historical interest:
- blog post examples, blog post formats, and blog post brainstorming (yielded the hAtom draft)
- directory inclusion directory inclusion examples, directory inclusion formats. (yielded the rel-directory microformat)
- location location-examples, location formats. (see also adr, Geo, hCard)
- resume resume-examples, resume formats, resume brainstorming yielded the hResume draft.
- review review examples, and review formats yielded the hReview draft